Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
POSITION: Maintenance Technician
SCHEDULE: Facility requires 24-hour operation so multiple shifts and on-call may be required.
SALARY: $25.00 to $35.00 per hour
This individual will promote development by assisting operations staff with training seminars including safety, preventative maintenance, and system operations. This facility is a 24/7/365 staffed facility. Position will be required to cover shifts as needed as well as maintain communications with night/weekend staff. Performs other work as required.
- Maintain pumps, piping, tanks, valves, switches, and diesel generators at the groundwater treatment plants along with well sites, booster stations and reservoirs.
- Perform operations, maintenance and control work on water treatment plant, chlorination equipment, pump control valves, various pressure control valves; adjusts system to meet specific demands
- Replaces pump packing and mechanical seals; repair hydrostatic drives for pumps; repair and troubleshoot air compressors, HVAC systems and vacuum pumps; maintains voltage and oil supply in pumps and auxiliary equipment.
- Maintain high level water treatment equipment such as Reverse Osmosis, Ultrafiltration Skids and Cold Lime Softening systems
- Install and make repairs on piping, valves, and other components of water treatment plant
- Perform pump routes and record accurate readings from well sites
- Perform construction and fabrication at facility
- Able to work individually or as a part of a team for duties assigned
- Maintain landscaping as needed
- May operate equipment such as cranes, forklifts, trenchers, bucket-lifts and dump trucks.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience with field maintenance, water and/or WW plant maintenance, or other mechanical maintenance experience. Experience with mechanical maintenance and repair of pumps, compressors, engines and related equipment at a water or WW utility or industry.
- Knowledgeable of water systems and associated maintenance necessities
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- TCEQ Class D water license preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license and ability to maintain a clean driving record.
- Demonstrated proficiency in CMMS including completing work orders and inspections tasks
- Experience and ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to increase knowledge in maintenance area operations including equipment operation and use.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.