Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
LOCATION: Pico Rivera, CA
POSITION: Lead Operator
CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate issued by SWRCB
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Project Manager / Chief Plant Operator (CPO), the Lead Operator shall function in a supervisory capacity, as well as performing the same duties as the subordinate operators. The Lead Operator will also serve as the Designated Operator-in-Charge in the absence of the CPO. The Lead Operator shall coordinate daily operation and maintenance tasks in accordance with PERC Water’s QA/QC standards.
SCHEDULE: TBD Based off company needs. Must be able to work standby, holidays, weekends and overtime as required. Hours are approximately 6:00 am to 4:00pm PST.
- Oversees and performs a variety of assignments related to the operation and maintenance of an advanced wastewater treatment facility. Treatment processes include ultrafiltration (UF), reverse osmosis (RO) and UV advanced oxidation.
- Serve as the Designated Operator-in-Charge in the CPOs absence
- Plan assignments in conjunction with the CPO and Maintenance Supervisor to ensure the smooth progression of workflow toward a successful completion of work activities.
- Assist the CPO in the assembly of all required operating and regulatory reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of the contractual obligations and deliverables for the designated treatment facility.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in daily operational activities including, but not limited to the following:
- Develop operational SOPs and training curriculums
- Monitoring plant equipment and processes
- Collecting and processing water quality samples
- Managing plant chemical inventory
- Cleaning, maintaining, and optimizing membrane systems
- Managing electronic operations and management tools (Data Management, CMMS, etc.)
- Conduct training as required and requested by the CPO to ensure appropriate level of staff knowledge to both subordinate operators and maintenance staff.
- Compile, prepare and maintain reports and logs as needed.
- Inspect and evaluate system and equipment functionality as well as the overall treatment facility; coordinate with appropriate staff, including the CPO, Maintenance Manager and the designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Participate in facility housekeeping activities, including maintenance work such as sweeping, cleaning, sanding, painting and other tasks as assigned.
- Collect water quality samples, including preparation of sample bottles, labeling and utilization of appropriate sampling methods as specified in the approved standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Operate motorized vehicles, forklifts, and other mobile equipment.
- Participate in facility safety training and following all specified safety procedures in accordance with PERC Water Corp. safety program.
- Troubleshooting and repairing parts and systems
- During a plant emergency, may be called in to assist with plant operations and maintenance activities.
- Communicate any problems/issues to supervisor
- All other tasks as assigned by Project Manager/CPO
- Maintain acceptable attendance per PERC standards
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current California Grade IV or V Water or Wastewater Certification required
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a similar position
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Degree a plus but not required
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Employee frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds