Operational Technical Services (OTS) is one of the fastest growing private water and wastewater utility staffing providers in the country. We provide certified water treatment, distribution, wastewater treatment, collections, engineering, laboratory, water quality, maintenance, and training professionals to municipalities, special districts, and private utilities throughout the country. OTS offers temporary, temp to hire, direct hire and emergency on-call opportunities including great benefits.
SCHEDULE: Facility requires 24-hour operation so multiple shifts and on-call may be required.
SALARY: $30.00 to $35.00 per hour
The selected candidate(s) will perform journeyman-level industrial electrician work installing, calibrating, altering, maintaining, and repairing the facilities’ electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade. The equipment serviced but not limited to: motors, MCCs, VFDs, PLCs, soft starts, digital/analog instrumentation, radio transmitters/receivers, and field instrumentation. This position is subject to call back, overtime, weekend, and holiday emergency call-outs and on-call duty.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Installs, alters, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring systems and equipment, both high and low voltage, air distribution systems, pumps, transformers, and motors and other equipment with in the facility;
- Installs and maintains motors of several hundred horsepower, coils, transformers, and control equipment of up to 4160 volts;
- Maintains and repairs equipment used in 24-hour operations;
- Maintain and repair all plant electrical process equipment including pumps, blowers, scrubbers, motors, chemical feed and sludge equipment;
- Documents information on preventive maintenance file on electrical equipment and machinery and monitors a preventive maintenance program;
- Designs functional electric circuitry for electrical systems;
- Orders, installs and tests new equipment;
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex electrical equipment failures;
- Reads schematics, wiring diagrams, and shop drawings for the purpose of installation, troubleshooting and repairing of major systems and minor subsystems and components;
- Utilizes a wide range of test equipment, computers, PC based software analyzer programs, data analyzers, analog and digital multi-meters, Field communicating devices, Loop calibrators, fiber testers and other test equipment, while performing tests to identify problems and calibrate equipment to performance standards.
- Installs, programs, inspects, troubleshoots, and adjusts electrical instrumentation, and related systems;
- Performs tests and maintenance on electrical equipment; interprets readings and outputs of equipment; ensures proper functioning of equipment;
- Performs record-keeping functions such as warehouse inventory and control;
- Knowledge of and understanding of safety procedures and requirements according to OSHA standards and applicable electrical code;
- Knowledge of 120v circuits and below to perform inspections in compliance with the national electrical code;
- Reviews operations manuals and other established guidelines; ensures electrical equipment and information systems are operated in accordance with established guidelines;
- Maintains the safe and efficient use of materials, tools, work trucks and test equipment and keeps a clean safe work environment for personnel;
- Complies with plant and EPCOR policies and procedures;
- Pulls and terminates cable for electrical installs;
- Performs inspections in compliance with the national electrical code;
- Performs basic mechanical repairs as required;
- Maintains shop and storage areas in a neat and orderly fashion;
- May be required to perform other instrumentation and control utility functions not listed in the description;
- Knowledge of document management systems such as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems;
- Must be able to work overtime and be subject to on-call as required;
- Regular and timely attendance are required for this position;
- Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public, coworkers and others in the course of daily work.
- Standard process control and operation practices associated with a utility and or industrial industry;
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers and numerous software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.;
- Knowledge of condition based maintenance related to Electrical;
- Work cooperatively with other EPCOR employees to foster teamwork;
- Communicate with co-workers verbally and in writing;
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Comprehend and interpret drawings, specifications, and blueprints;
- Learn job-related material through oral instruction and observation or through structured lecture and reading.
- Ability to satisfactorily work with co-workers and others in the course of daily work;
- Ability to adhere to all safety requirements established
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4-5 years of experience as a journeyman-level electrician in an industrial setting, 2 years of which includes equivalent experience as a utilities electrician in a water or wastewater environment.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Completion of a state-recognized Electrician Apprenticeship.
- Preference to Electrical Associates degree and/or Military job training in a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) field that required an extensive electrical application;
- Experience with computer programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Valid Texas driver’s license
Operational Technical Services, (OTS), is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colors, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.